Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Dark Morning Hours

The last few days,
I've enjoyed the warmth from the sun,
A gentle rain,
And breeze,
That fell upon me,
The sound of birds,
People talking and walking,
dogs barking,
And a cat's meow,
But now,
It's time for one of my other favorite places to be,
In these dark morning hours.

My candlelight and tea,
We all three,
Get along just fine,
In these dark morning hours.

The clock ticks slow,
We have no place to go,
We're content,
Just where we are.

There's no need to fret,
Because if we did,
We couldn't enjoy,
This moment we're in.

The dark morning hours,
Rain upon me,
Freeing my mind,
Once again,
From some of the places,
I've been,
But now,
It's time for me to fly.


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem, the dark morning hours are the best aren't they? A time of silent thoughts and dreams. Warm greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to be able to enjoy the gifts of both the day and the night. Each hold their own treasures as you have shown here in your words Lon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... your way of expression is so simple and sublime ,delicate and enchanting at the same time.
    i really felt that pouring along you and steam of your tea .flight to your insidious world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dark morning hours, and your poem really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty heavenly to me, Lon my friend! Thank you for this wonderful post and the beautiful music ... Love that song and always have.

    Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely poem, the dark morning hours are the best aren't they? A time of silent thoughts and dreams. Warm greetings to you!

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete