Thursday, August 3, 2017

Laughter

I feel laughter is one of the best medicines there is!

Some years ago I read about an elderly woman that was diagnose with terminal cancer that only had a few months to live seeing her cancer was full fledged according to her doctor.  She started watching sitcoms, stand-up comedians, television shows, and movies that all had to do with comedy to make her laugh, for she decided she may as well enjoy her life before she goes.  Only after a month of her diagnosis, she went to visit her doctor again and found out she no longer had cancer of whatsoever, the cancer was no where to be found!

This is one of the reasons . . .

I FEEL LAUGHTER IS ONE OF THE BEST MEDICINES THERE IS!

At around 5:00 this morning I decided to go to YouTube to see if there was anything funny I could watch.  To my surprise, I came across Gabriel Iglesias, who I've never seen before.  I feel he's one of the best comedians I've ever seen!  Thank you, Gabriel Iglesias, for getting me to laugh!


Later in the day, I had my wife watch him as well, and she fully enjoyed his comedy too!

7 comments:

  1. Laughter is indeed often the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of him, but worth a looky-see.

    gilda radner, when her cancer diagnosis was announced, said it was better to laugh than to cry. she was right. my own cancer battle made me stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elephant's Child beat me to it. Laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh absolutely!
    I often forget to laugh and I take life far too seriously, so thank you for this wonderful reminder, my friend.
    I will definitely check Gabriel out.

    A Hug.:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to find this post Lon! I totally agree...100%!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would agree that laughter is so often the best medicine!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete